Understanding the Difference between SEO and SEM
To SEO or SEM? They sound a lot alike, and they are similar to an extent. But SEO and SEM differ more than just in letters. Though they accomplish the same task, the difference between SEO and SEM is that SEO includes organic strategies while SEM is paid. There is no right or wrong strategy. It all depends on your business’s needs and budget.
As mentioned, SEM, or Search Engine Marketing helps increase website traffic and visibility through paid marketing strategies. A few SEM includes SEO and a few other marketing strategies such as:
- Pay per click (PPC) marketing-i.e setting up and optimizing ads within the parameters of a previously agreed upon budget. Types of ads include Facebook/Instagram ads (internal link to FB blog posts). Before setting up your ads, be sure you have a strong understanding of your social media target audience
- A list of key words set up for paid search- be sure to choose keywords and phrases similar to what potential clients and customers are entering into the search engine. Thinking like your customer will grow your audience and improve your rankings in the search engine.
- Landing pages rich with SEO. Be sure you send your visitors to the most relevant page. Don’t send new visitors to an offer or promotions page if said offer is past its expiration date. Organizing the amount of talent you use and create can get overwhelming. Maintaining an editorial calendar for social media posts, blogs, video content, etc. will make things much easier for you and your team longterm.
It’s important to set up a budget for every marketing plan. Know your limits and be sure to stay on top of trends that directly affect your business. If you’re not sure how to accurately set your budget, just do some more research. There are many resources available at your fingertips.
MSDS partners with HubSpot which offers a wealth of information on marketing, sales, customer service, and more. HubSpot is fun and easy to navigate and will help your business thrive.
In the marketing world, the competition for sales, leads, and website traffic never ends. SEO is the process of using search engine (like Google) best practices to increase your website visibility. The goal is to have your website or webpage appear higher in the rankings on a search engine results page (SERP). There are many ways to use SEO to improve your rankings, but quality content goes a long way.
A few SEO strategies include:
- On page SEO i.e. keyword research and content creation. Effective keywords and content helps build trust between your company, clients, and search engines. A helpful knowledge of SEO will lead to growth and prosperity
- Off page SEO i.e. link building. Link building is the process of getting similar or relevant websites to link back to your webpage. Overtime, this improves your rankings in the search engines and lets users (and Google) know that your business is popular and trustworthy
WHY MSDS DIGITAL MARKETING?
Dawood kokawala and the team at MSDS Digital Marketing will listen to your dream for your business and turn it into areality. We are a team of experts with over 20 years experience in information technology, business development, webdesign and marketing. Your website will be everything you dreamed it would be! You will have options to create a completely custom designor select from vivid pre-designed templates.
Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
This is the key to your online visibility.When a search engine to locate aproduct or service your business provides, you wantthem to find YOU.Showing up near the top of thesearch engine results page (SERP) increases yourchances of driving that user to your website.to getnew customers. Remember that effective websitesconvert visitors into paid customers.
PPC Management Services
Paid advertising will help you get more traffic to your website! At MSDS,we help boost traffic by improving your rank in the search engines such as Google and Yahoo.Your website deserves the right attention from the right people. Paid advertising can help you get there! We’ll help create and monitor your ads so you can boost your sales and grow your audience.
Content Marketing Services
When you think about it, content marketing is the most inexpensive form of advertising around. Our content writers will create results-driven content that will improve your online presence. Websites that produce regular content receive 8x more traffic than websites that don’t take the time to update their blog or landing pages. The last you want to dois alienate a potential customer with outdatedcontent.
Your website is your first impression!Aquality website will increase your businessand build trust with new visitors. Whenpeople search for your products andservices, you want to be found, and you wantthe results to look good. Our team will helpcreate a powerful website that gives yourbusiness the visibility and credibility it needs t
Reputation management Services
The first step in reputation management is monitoringreferences to the person or business, primarilythrough social media monitoring and carefully craftedsearch queries.Social media analytics and similarprocesses on search results help to deliver a snapshotof current public opinion of the person or business inquestion and then a campaign can be designed toaddress any problematic issues that have
Social Media Management Services
No matter if you are a B2B or B2C company,youhave to take advantage of social media. Statista.comprojects the number of worldwide social mediausers to increase to 3.1 billion in 2021. Creating apage on these popular networks is free, making itone of the most cost-effective ways to reachcustomers online.As a part of our commitment togrow
Get started with MSDS Digital Marketing to see metrics driven results.
CHECK OUT OURFEATURED CASE STUDY
INCREASING WEBSITE AUTHORITY WITH STRATEGIC KEYPHRASE CONTENT GAPS
A new mental healthcare website needed toincrease their visibility in Google searchresults organically without breaking the bankin advertising spend. White Hat Ops was ableto provide an organic content strategysolution that increased website authority and rankings resulting in more matches between patients and
New SEO Content Strategy achieved a 2,400% increase in organic search traffic between March and December of 2020.Read more