10 Tips For Writing A Blog That Converts Readers Into Leads[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]In 2020, blogging is an inexpensive opportunity for businesses to build brand awareness, drive traffic to their websites and attract more customers for the ultimate goal of increasing sales. But, not all blogs are created equal. Some get little to no traffic and don’t boost company sales. In the wake of this year’s COVID-19 global pandemic, connecting with customers to kick up online sales is imperative. Follow our 10 tips to make sure your blog has what it takes to convert readers into leads.
1. Tailor Your Blog To Customer InterestsThe very first thing you need to do is make sure your blog caters to your target customers. Blog readers are looking for value and if they consistently enjoy your content, they will consider you a go-to source for information. Building readership is a very important step in creating blogs that sell, so don’t neglect to take any steps in finding out who your readers are and what they want. Look into your customer database, talk to your sales teams and look into your social media followers for insight into who your target readers are. Loyal readers become subscribers and subscribers are quality leads.
2. Choose Attention-Grabbing HeadlinesGreat headlines create curiosity and that is what drives a user to click on your blog. Most people who read blogs are looking for answers and advice, so make sure they get what they’re looking for when they read your articles. According to 99 Firms, the average blog reader only stays on page for 37 seconds. That’s an average number, meaning there are many readers who are on your page for an even shorter period of time. That’s because most blog readers are skimmers. They go to a blog looking for headlines, subheadings and visuals to catch their attention. To increase your chances of converting them into leads, give them some standout material!
3. Keep Readers Engaged With VisualsVisual blogs add interest and keep readers on your page longer. Having visuals on your blog increases a reader’s desire to read it by 80%. That’s because 80% of people who visit your blog are skimmers and only 20% are actual readers.(Poll Everywhere) Skimmers are visiting your page to look for grab-and-go information. By adding in visual elements like pictures, infographics, screenshots, GIFs, memes and videos, you give skimmers a more exciting way to digest information. Because longer blog posts perform better in search rankings, visuals provide a highly-effective option for breaking up long blocks of text. Remember, the key is to keep readers coming back for more information, which increases your chances for converting them to sales.
4. Plan Your KeywordsThis is super important. You’ll want to take some time to research keywords and phrases your customers may be searching for. There are a few ways to accomplish this task. You can do all or some of the following:
Use Google search
Purchase access to a keyword research tool
Search Google Trends
5. Use an Automated SchedulerThere are many marketing automation platforms available to help busy business owners and marketing execs organize their blogging strategies. Typical automation tools assist users in drafting blog articles and building a content calendar. The best platforms teach users about SEO basics and how to properly plan blog content.They also allow you to schedule the ideal times to publish your articles and social media posts automatically. This way, busy business owners and managers don’t have to stop in the middle of daily operations to make timely posts on social media. Automation is especially helpful in building a high conversion blog if you don’t have prior experience in doing so.
6. Promote The BlogJust in case you were wondering what social media has to do with your blog content, herein lies the answer. To drive targeted traffic to your website and blog, you will need to promote it. Social media is the perfect place to promote your new blog and articles. Your social media followers chose to like and follow your business because they want to be among the first to know what’s going on with your brand. They’re already ripe with interest, so give them extra value by letting them in on your latest blog posts. In addition to using your social media page, take advantage of your online communities & groups, Pinterest, your email subscribers, and your own web or blog site are great places to promote your blog. Be sure to link your new blogs to previously published posts that contain relevant content.
7. Post Balanced ArticlesBecause you’re reading this post, we can tell you want to use your blog to drive conversions and sales. However, to create a blog that sells, you have to make sure your readers don’t always feel like they’re being sold to. Most blog readers come to look for information, repeat visitors come back because they consider a blog to be a go-to source for that information. That said, be sure to balance your blog posts between 2 focuses: customer retention and lead generation. Retention articles help to create loyalty, while lead generation articles aim to get new leads. Trust us, you need to have both to convert your readers into solid leads.
8. Include Calls-to-Action (CTAs)CTAs are like the bread and butter of modern web pages. This is your short, but powerful, opportunity to inspire your reader to take the action you desire for him or her to take. There are different ways to use them in your blog. They can be placed in hello bars at the top of the page, scrolling sidebars, mid-post pop-ups and more. HubSpot suggests using them as anchor text within your posts is highly effective at increasing conversions by as much as 121%! Speaking of anchor texts, here’s a good way to position them within a blog that converts: Download SEO for Blogging Success. We put the key SEO components, how to use them effectively and a blogger SEO checklist all in one straightforward, easy-to-read format for you!
9. Find A Blogging PartnerLocating a blogging partner can be easy, but what is it you may ask? A blogging partner is another business that writes blogs and is willing to team up to accomplish a goal that is similar to yours. This company ideally sells products or services that complement your own without competing. For example, let’s say you sell refrigerator parts and perform repairs. A potential blogging partner may sell brand new refrigerators, but no parts or repair services. Like any other business partnership, you join forces to make your reach wider and more effective. An excellent blogging partner will often co-write and cross promote for their partner-business.
10. Optimize SEOAlas, the holy grail of content marketing! There are several key points that you must attend to for successful SEO. The easiest way to make sure you’ve done a good job optimizing each blog post is to use a plug-in to upload them to your WordPress website. We enjoy using Yoast plug-in because it is user friendly and easy to navigate. Whether you’re using a plug-in like Yoast or not, you need to make sure you cover all the basics to help your blog rank in the search engine results page. When your goal is to write a blog that sells, you cannot afford to ignore the power of SEO optimization. Download SEO for Blogging Success as our FREE gift to you! In it, we will show you how to use blogger SEO tools and help you stay on top of your blogging game with an awesome SEO checklist.
MSDS Entrepreneurs offers affordable monthly blogging plans to eliminate the headache for you. Our professional writers perform every step from research to delivery so you don’t have to.I NEED BLOGS NOW
WHY MSDS DIGITAL MARKETING?
Dawood kokawala and the team at MSDS Digital Marketing will listen to your dream for your business and turn it into areality. We are a team of experts with over 20 years experience in information technology, business development, webdesign and marketing. Your website will be everything you dreamed it would be! You will have options to create a completely custom designor select from vivid pre-designed templates.
Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
This is the key to your online visibility.When a search engine to locate aproduct or service your business provides, you wantthem to find YOU.Showing up near the top of thesearch engine results page (SERP) increases yourchances of driving that user to your website.to getnew customers. Remember that effective websitesconvert visitors into paid customers.
PPC Management Services
Paid advertising will help you get more traffic to your website! At MSDS,we help boost traffic by improving your rank in the search engines such as Google and Yahoo.Your website deserves the right attention from the right people. Paid advertising can help you get there! We’ll help create and monitor your ads so you can boost your sales and grow your audience.
Content Marketing Services
When you think about it, content marketing is the most inexpensive form of advertising around. Our content writers will create results-driven content that will improve your online presence. Websites that produce regular content receive 8x more traffic than websites that don’t take the time to update their blog or landing pages. The last you want to dois alienate a potential customer with outdatedcontent.
Your website is your first impression!Aquality website will increase your businessand build trust with new visitors. Whenpeople search for your products andservices, you want to be found, and you wantthe results to look good. Our team will helpcreate a powerful website that gives yourbusiness the visibility and credibility it needs t
Reputation management Services
The first step in reputation management is monitoringreferences to the person or business, primarilythrough social media monitoring and carefully craftedsearch queries.Social media analytics and similarprocesses on search results help to deliver a snapshotof current public opinion of the person or business inquestion and then a campaign can be designed toaddress any problematic issues that have
Social Media Management Services
No matter if you are a B2B or B2C company,youhave to take advantage of social media. Statista.comprojects the number of worldwide social mediausers to increase to 3.1 billion in 2021. Creating apage on these popular networks is free, making itone of the most cost-effective ways to reachcustomers online.As a part of our commitment togrow
Get started with MSDS Digital Marketing to see metrics driven results.
CHECK OUT OURFEATURED CASE STUDY
INCREASING WEBSITE AUTHORITY WITH STRATEGIC KEYPHRASE CONTENT GAPS
A new mental healthcare website needed toincrease their visibility in Google searchresults organically without breaking the bankin advertising spend. White Hat Ops was ableto provide an organic content strategysolution that increased website authority and rankings resulting in more matches between patients and
New SEO Content Strategy achieved a 2,400% increase in organic search traffic between March and December of 2020.Read more