5 Steps to Get Started on Email Marketing[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Just in case you’re on the fence about whether email marketing is worth the time or money, let’s get you off of it. To a staggering degree, email marketing is a worthwhile investment! How’s a ROI of 122% sound? That’s right, companies are seeing an average return of $1.22 for every $1 spent on email marketing. Ready or not, it’s time for your business to ride the email marketing wave all the way to the bank. To get you started with an EFFECTIVE email campaign, we are giving you the road map to success in 5 simple steps. Are you ready?
1. Choose An Email Service Provider (ESP) With The Right FeaturesAn ESP is an online platform used to compose and distribute mass emails. To say there are tons of them would be an understatement. With so many to choose from, you need to narrow down the list according to the types of features and functionality that meet your goals.
Before committing to an ESP, look for features like:
A large selection of templatesTemplates are a time-saving way to deliver professionally- designed emails to your customers.
Email automation toolsAutomation gives you the ability to send emails automatically, based on predetermined timing or actions performed by your customers (e.g. Shopping Cart Abandonment Emails)
List SegmentationAll your customers are different. You need to tailor the way you connect with them and the messages you send to fit their personas. This feature allows you to categorize them as needed.
AutorespondersWhen your leads or customers contact you via email, it’s important to respond quickly. Setting up an autoresponder for your messages allows you to reply immediately with preset messages.
Responsive LayoutBecause millions of people are using mobile devices to access the internet, quality ESP’s offer message layouts in HTML and CSS. CSS formats your content for a great look on all devices.
Data TrackingMeasuring your campaign effectiveness is vital. If you come across an ESP that doesn’t offer the ability to track your email data, cross them off the list.
2. Begin Uploading Your ContactsNow that you’ve chosen an ESP, the step is simple. Assuming you already have a list of existing contacts, begin to transfer them to your email contact lists. If you don’t have a lot of contacts, now is a great time to start asking customers for their email addresses. Since you have chosen a provider that allows you to segment your contact list, categorize the email addresses according to contact type or need.
3. Plan Your Goals, Message Content, and ScheduleFor your email campaigns to get the ROI you need, you’ve got to thoroughly plan them out. First, define your goals for each campaign. Perhaps you want to increase sales or convert leads that are email subscribers only into customers. You may even want to promote your brand awareness to build customer loyalty. Whatever it is, you need to know it and let it be your guide moving forward. Planning your message content is critical. There are several types of messages you can send as a part of your email marketing campaign, including:
- Welcome Messages
- Requests for Product/ Service Reviews
- Shopping Cart Abandonment
- Automated Responses and more
Professional/ DirectTone of voice can play a big part in whether your subscribers welcome your messages. But, be mindful not to confuse it with brand voice. Tone may change as needed, but your brand’s voice is consistent. To help you get started, download our free email templates written in “Casual/Friendly,” “Professional,” or “Quirky” tones. Last, decide when is the best time to reach your contacts. Studies show that 89% of adults will check their emails at least once per day. Research the ideal time to reach your target customer and schedule your emails to be delivered at the perfect hour.
4. Send Your EmailsEvery email you MUST include the following two components:
A catchy subject line69% of email recipients will open a message because of who it’s from and 47% will decide because of the subject line.
Clear and compelling Calls-to-Action (CTA’s)Your CTA’s are specifically placed icons, buttons hyperlinked words or direct links that let the recipient know what you want them to do next. In addition to an attention-grabbing subject and powerful CTA’s, there are a few other necessary measures to carry out.
Send yourself a previewYour ESP should allow you to send a preview or test copy. Always use this tool to send a copy to yourself and a friend or colleague who has an eye for detail.
Test linksWhen reviewing your preview copy, test every link to be sure they will take your subscribers to the right place. Also, pay attention to whether you may be missing links all together.
Get permissionThis is most important for welcome messages and newsletter first additions. Your recipients’ inboxes are their personal space, so be mindful of their privacy by making sure your messages are welcome.
Let contacts know what to expectIt’s good practice to inform your email list subscribers about the types of messages you will send and how often to expect them. If you’ll be promoting products and specials, give them the heads up.
5. Track Your ResultsUsing the data tracking feature your ESP provides, you will need to measure your effectiveness. It’s rare that marketing goes right on the very first try, so use your data as direction for moving forward. The top 3 results you need to focus on are:
- Open rates – the percentage of messages you sent that recipients opened
- Click-through rates – the percentage of recipients that followed your links
- Unsubscribe rates – the percentage of people who opted to stop receiving your messages
At MSDS Entrepreneurs our objective is to take your business, big or small, to the next level. Our team is our strength and we have carefully built a committed team, comprised of experts who recognize the power of collaboration. Together, we will accomplish our objective of delivering the most effective solutions for your business.
Take a look complete look at the services we provide.
WHY MSDS DIGITAL MARKETING?
Dawood kokawala and the team at MSDS Digital Marketing will listen to your dream for your business and turn it into areality. We are a team of experts with over 20 years experience in information technology, business development, webdesign and marketing. Your website will be everything you dreamed it would be! You will have options to create a completely custom designor select from vivid pre-designed templates.
Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
This is the key to your online visibility.When a search engine to locate aproduct or service your business provides, you wantthem to find YOU.Showing up near the top of thesearch engine results page (SERP) increases yourchances of driving that user to your website.to getnew customers. Remember that effective websitesconvert visitors into paid customers.
PPC Management Services
Paid advertising will help you get more traffic to your website! At MSDS,we help boost traffic by improving your rank in the search engines such as Google and Yahoo.Your website deserves the right attention from the right people. Paid advertising can help you get there! We’ll help create and monitor your ads so you can boost your sales and grow your audience.
Content Marketing Services
When you think about it, content marketing is the most inexpensive form of advertising around. Our content writers will create results-driven content that will improve your online presence. Websites that produce regular content receive 8x more traffic than websites that don’t take the time to update their blog or landing pages. The last you want to dois alienate a potential customer with outdatedcontent.
Your website is your first impression!Aquality website will increase your businessand build trust with new visitors. Whenpeople search for your products andservices, you want to be found, and you wantthe results to look good. Our team will helpcreate a powerful website that gives yourbusiness the visibility and credibility it needs t
Reputation management Services
The first step in reputation management is monitoringreferences to the person or business, primarilythrough social media monitoring and carefully craftedsearch queries.Social media analytics and similarprocesses on search results help to deliver a snapshotof current public opinion of the person or business inquestion and then a campaign can be designed toaddress any problematic issues that have
Social Media Management Services
No matter if you are a B2B or B2C company,youhave to take advantage of social media. Statista.comprojects the number of worldwide social mediausers to increase to 3.1 billion in 2021. Creating apage on these popular networks is free, making itone of the most cost-effective ways to reachcustomers online.As a part of our commitment togrow
Get started with MSDS Digital Marketing to see metrics driven results.
CHECK OUT OURFEATURED CASE STUDY
INCREASING WEBSITE AUTHORITY WITH STRATEGIC KEYPHRASE CONTENT GAPS
A new mental healthcare website needed toincrease their visibility in Google searchresults organically without breaking the bankin advertising spend. White Hat Ops was ableto provide an organic content strategysolution that increased website authority and rankings resulting in more matches between patients and
New SEO Content Strategy achieved a 2,400% increase in organic search traffic between March and December of 2020.Read more